Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Farfalle with Bacon, Peas and Ricotta


You may recognize this recipe as it was shown by Gordon Ramsay in one of his shows and, after trying it myself, I have to say it’s a very nice, very easy pasta dish that you can cook up with minimum effort. 

  • For 250-300 grams of farfalle (3 portions) I used 
  • 300 grams of bacon (go for pancetta if you have it, I used bacon because, in my opinion, this dish is about great results with minimum fuss)
  • 175-200 grams of peas
  • 150 grams ricotta
  • 1 garlic clove 
  • 75 grams cream
  • salt
  • pepper 
  • olive oil


Cut your bacon into cubes and drop them in preheated pan for about 5 minutes, until they get a golden brown color. 
Add the finely chopped garlic and cook for another minute. 
Meanwhile, prepare the pasta according to the package instructions and, with 4 minutes before them being done put the peas in the water (I used canned peas that proved quite easy to cook). 
Drain your pasta-peas mix (keep a couple of tbs of cooking water just in case) and drop it on the bacon-garlic combo, then put in the cream and mix until everything starts simmering. 
Cook this whole combo to thicken it up (or add cooking water if you think it’s too thick), serve it on a plate and add small portions of the ricotta on the pasta. 
Drizzle some olive oil on top, mix in the cheese and enjoy. 

I’m not really sure if this was exactly the way Ramsay did the recipe (am I allowed to say his name on the internet? I feel like he knows… Chuck Norris style….), but you can always try and mix it up (try some sage or parsley, maybe some pine nuts). 

In all, one great easy recipe for a relaxing afternoon. Good job Mr. Ramsay! (I feel the sudden urge to shut down my computer and pull the internet cable out……)


See ya next time,
Mr. G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...