The time of vegetable abundance is here. I don't know about you, but in this area the zucchinis are having a great year. After using them in lots of savoury main courses and pasta dishes, a great idea is to incorporate them in desserts as well.
A classic zucchini bread, enriched with walnuts and cinnamon, this recipe turned out to be a great, extremely moist and flavorful dessert. You will get 2 bread pans or 12 muffins.
- 375 g AP flour/ 3 Cups (You can replace half of the AP flour with whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 3 free range eggs
- 200 ml canola oil/ 1 cup
- 450 g sugar/ 2 1/4 cup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- about 2 medium zucchinis/ 2 cups
- 100 g walnuts, roughly chopped/ 1 cup
- Grease and flour your pans and preheat oven to 170 C (300)
- Sift flour, cinnamon, baking powder and soda and salt and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, add the oil, sugar and vanilla,.
- Incorporate the dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
- At this point you might find the mixture really thick, but don't worry, once you add the zucchini it will give it enough moisture.
- Stir in the grated zucchinis and the chopped nuts.
- Pour the mixture in the pans and bake for 40-60 minutes.
Extra hint: I added some walnuts for decor on top of one of the breads, but given the long baking time they were burnt, so if you want them, just add them at halfway through.