Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Pink Grapefruit Pancakes | You've Got Meal!


Weekend breakfast is probably my favorite meal of the week. I wouldn't actually call breakfast what we have during the week ( a fruit, a yogurt or a healthy juice to name the best choices) so, for me, having a nice breakfast with hubby during the weekends it feels like a special occasion. I LOVE my eggs and bacon or any other egg breakfast for that matter, but I also appreciate a sweet meal from time to time.



Am I the only one that finds making pancakes so relaxing?

This last weekend I woke up with one thought in my mind: I have to make a breakfast that included some fruit and I want pancakes. The only fruit we had were pink grapefruits. I love the recipe for buttermilk pancakes, but I only had some Greek yogurt, so I decided to try a version with grapefruit juice and Greek yogurt.


I used:

  • 3/4 to 1 cup flour
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup grapefruit juice
  • 1 egg
  • 150 ml Greek yogurt (5 oz)
  • 1 drop red food coloring (optional)
 

Making the batter:
  1. Stir the yogurt just for a bit to make it creamier.
  2. Pour the egg on top of the Greek yogurt and mix well, until the egg is beaten and perfectly incorporated into the yogurt.
  3. In the same bowl, add the grapefruit juice and mix.
  4. At this point you can add the dry ingredients one at a time and you can even use a hand mixer to get the job done faster.

 Method:
  1. Cut some tiny pieces of grapefruit and put aside.
  2. Brush a skillet with oil / spray it with cooking spray and when the oil is heated pour with a small ladle the batter to form one pancake at a time.
  3. Add some pieces of grapefruit  on top of the pancakes before turning it on the other side.
  4. Serve with powder sugar for a nice twist.


Enjoy,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...