Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

It's Elementary! Boiled Corn on The Cob


The smell of boiling corn on the cob is one of my favourite summer smells, it's just something so comforting and exciting about the scent.

I don't want to get all food-blogery with you and explain to you how to do it because it is not rocket science and I did not invent a special method.

I just remove the husk and the silk, wash it, then in a pot put half of the husks, then the cobs, then water, then husks again and cover it. That ensures plenty of flavour. I never salt the water, I just salt the corn after it is boiled.

I don't want to get into timing, because it depends so much on how young is the corn, how many cobs you put in the pot and how you like it. I boiled it for 20 minutes.

Final step: remove from pot + salt the corn + stuff your face with it like there is no other way!

Enjoy,
Mrs. G.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...