Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Peach Muffins with Peach Glaze


Peaches and apricots are my favourite fruits. Let's just start with this information. The look and the smell of a lovely, ripe peach is irresistible to me. Now that the peach season began I have thought with excitement of many ways to use these fruits in desserts and salads and with some determination, maybe share all of them with you on this blog.


Because I always feel I don't use nearly enough my muffin tin, I started with some peach muffins that turned out sooo moist and fluffy that I want to bake them again...and then again. I used a water glass of aprox. 250 ml to measure the ingredients. You can use a mug, just make sure you use the same measure, same cup for every ingredient below.


For the muffins: (makes 12)
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
2-3 peaches peeled and sliced

For the glaze:
1/2 pack of Philadelphia cream cheese (125 g)
1 peach pureed (I just cut it in half and grated the pulp, it turned out great. you can use you food processor)
if you find it to thick, add some milk
50 g of icing sugar (or more depending on how sweet the peach is)


In a large bowl beat the eggs with an electric mixer (or with a beater if you've got strong arms) with the sugar, until the sugar is dissolved. Add the milk, vanilla and oil and mix again. Add the sifted flour and the baking powder slowly and mix again until you get a lump-free soft dough. Incorporate the sliced peaches slowly in the batter, so that you don't crush them to much. Save some cubes to put on top.

I also got used to rubbing the fruits I add in batters with some flour to prevent them to sink to the bottom of the tin. So, you could also do that. I should say I thought the muffins could have used more fruit, so don't be afraid to cut the peaches in bigger cubes, it also dehydrates during baking.

Pour the batter into the muffin tin, greased or lined with baking cups and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.


While they bake, mix the cream cheese with the pureed peach and the powdered sugar. Add some milk if you don't get the desired consistency. After The muffins are completely cooled you can top them with this cream. I placed the muffins on a grill and poured the cream on top of them, but maybe next time I will just dip the top of each muffin in the cream cheese mixture to get a different look.


Enjoy,
Mrs. G.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...